Revolutionizing the way that essential goods and supplies move by ground to businesses and consumers through our leading edge platforms is what Loadlink Technologies is all about—we’ve been evolving for 30 years and are at the next stage of our growth. By joining Loadlink, you are joining an organization who values innovation, customer focus and the talents of our people.
As increased demand is added to our systems, the Senior Database Developer will work with the development team to help drive automation processes and contribute to the integration of data into other environments such as Salesforce and Great Plains. At the same time, as our Senior Database Developer, you will bring your passion and expertise in database design and fine-tuning to maintain the seamless flow of information throughout the company from backend to front end.
If you thrive on making an impact, apply now to kick off your career at a company that will provide you with unlimited mentorship and growth opportunities alongside a team of passionate and driven individuals to support you every step of the way. We may even throw in some fun!
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Design, setup, configure and install database systems
- Troubleshoot MS-SQL server performance and data-related issues
- Respond to production incidents and support requests from business users
- Develop SSRS reports and SSIS packages
- Work closely with development teams to build custom applications on-premise and cloud
- Understand data models and business processes to develop procedures and scripts
- Assist with business intelligence solutions, designs, developments, and support
- Translate business needs to data requirements
- Create and monitor database maintenance jobs (backups, re-indexing)
- Support large high availability database systems
- Execute database procedures including upgrades, recovery and migration
- Document system operations, run books and troubleshooting procedures
We Are Looking For An Individual With
- 10+ years’ experience working as a Database Developer performing daily database operations and maintenance tasks (backup/restore, index repair, server, databases and jobs monitoring)
- A university degree, college diploma or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS
- An MS SQL database certification (would be an asset)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great problem solving & troubleshooting skills – we like to hire people who can think through problems and develop solutions quickly
- The ability to multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment with little supervision
What’s in It for You
- Make an impact – learning while you work!
- An excellent work environment with open communication across all levels of the organization
- The best coworkers with a great team culture
- Flexible work options
- Investment in your career
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including a pension match program and discount stock options!
- Lots more – check out Life at Loadlink
Due to COVID-19, all our employees are currently working from home till it is safe to return to the office.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Loadlink Technologies is part of two of Canada’s fastest growing and largest industries: Technology and Transportation. Our technology enablesfood to arrive at our stores, inventory to our malls and makes eCommerce happen! We have been the unmatched leader in this space for over 30 years and we pride ourselves on being a catalyst that is driving change in the commercial transportation industry. Check us out at loadlink.ca.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Loadlink Technologies will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Thank you for your interest in Loadlink Technologies. Due to the impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe and policies and procedures have been developed to effectively handle our response to the outbreak. As a result, we will be conducting most interviews virtually. Everyone’s safety is our primary concern as we navigate through the interview process.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.